Menu

Upcoming Events

  • FEB 26 - Fish Fry – Parish Life Center
  • MAR 04 - Fish Fry – Parish Life Center
  • MAR 09 - VIRTUS Training, 7:00pm
                     Aquinas High School
  • MAR 11 - Fish Fry – Parish Life Center
                    Tootsie Roll Drive Starts
  • MAR 12 - Tootsie Roll Drive
  • MAR 13 - Tootsie Roll Drive
  • MAR 14 - Business Meeting 7:30pm
  • MAR 18 - Fish Fry – Parish Life Center
  • MAR 24 - HOLY THURSDAY
  • MAR 25 - GOOD FRIDAY
  • MAR 27 - EASTER SUNDAY
  • MAR 28 - Traveling Icon arrives

Site Hacked, But Back Up

Well, it's been a week to remember.  Our web site was hacked by some individual(s) in Europe that caused me quite the headache.  After 5 days of working with the support team at our web hosting company, it appears to be fixed.  I've implemented stronger security for updating the site, so hopefully it keeps them away.

It's Tootsie Roll Drive Time!

It’s TOOTSIE ROLL DRIVE TIME!!! The weekend of March 11, 12, and 13 is set and ready to go for the Tootsie Roll Drive at the Evans Walmart location on Washington Road. We will pass out tootsie rolls to all of the people that donate money. This event helps us raise money for the Special Olympics.

All of the donations are sent to the Knights of Columbus Charities of Georgia at which time 60% comes back to the Columbia County Special Olympics and the other 40% goes to the State Special Olympics. Last year we raised over $6,000.00 and presented a check for over $3,000.00 to Columbia County Board of Education.

This is a wonderful cause that I need everyone's help with. This weekend in March requires a lot of volunteer hours and unfortunately at this time we are only set up for one location.

Vote Next Council Meeting

We will be voting at the March business meeting on a motion to donate $800 to the Diocese of Savannah for procurement of priest’s vestments. The vestments will be located at the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist for wear by priests concelebrating the many major liturgical functions presided over by the Bishop.

Only those Council members in attendance at the meeting may vote. Be a part of this significant action by attending the business meeting on March 14.

Unborn Memorial Marker Placed

The Council and our Fourth Degree Assembly 3493 purchased a marker dedicated to the memory of unborn babies lost to abortion.

The marker was placed in St. Teresa’s columbarium in a ceremony following the Right-to-Life Mass on the evening of Friday, January 22.

Brother Knight in Need

Field Agent Russell Cornell had catastrophic flood damage at his home near Clayton, GA. He has had to replace a bridge to access the house, among other property damaged.

The members present at the Feb 8 business meeting approved a donation of $300 from Council funds and contributed another $181 by passing the hat.

  •  Start 
  •  Prev 
  •  1  2  3  4 
  •  Next 
  •  End 

Page 1 of 4

button our founder

kofc insurance

button catholic pulse

button columbia

We're Mobile Ready

Our site has a special built-in design optimized for mobile devices like tablets, iPhones, Androids and Windows-based mobile devices. Now you can truly take us wherever you go. When you see the mobile or desktop icons on the menu bar of this web site, simply click to switch between the mobile or desktop versions!

Welcome

KofC logoThe Knights of Columbus is a Catholic men’s fraternal benefit society where social and intellectual fellowship is promoted among members and their families through educational, charitable, religious, social welfare, war relief and public relief works. Read More

St. Teresa of Avila

st teresa logoOur home parish, St. Teresa of Avila Catholic Church, is a Eucharistic community rooted in Roman Catholic Traditions, and gifted by God with time, talent and treasure. We are dedicated to witnessing our faith through worship and education, and to nurturing our faith family through parish life and Christian service. Visit our Parish website.

Servant of God

Coat of arms of Terence Cardinal Cooke

His Eminence was widely regarded as a holy person by many New Yorkers during his episcopal ministry as Archbishop of New York and, soon after his death in 1983, a movement to canonize him as a saint began. In 1984, with the support of Cooke's successor, Archbishop (and future cardinal) John Joseph O'Connor, the Cardinal Cooke Guild was established. Read More

Go to top